Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
opheliaimmortal23

Re: wmb54g utility v1.4

cherles862 wrote:

Need Help! My girlfriend has been using her WMB54G for years on a windows XP box with little or no problems. She just upgraded her internet from verizon DSL to FIOS and now it doesn't work. Same old computer just a new router. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to software multible times, I spent hours on the phone with verizon(They can see the bridge),but nothing has worked. She even hardwired it,but it only worked for a short time. After I go through the whole set-up the computer will see the bridge,But the minute you click to conect it disappears. Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work. It would make her happy, which would make me happy. Thanks.

You have set the correct wireless settings on the bridge, right?

You may want to check this link http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=55062ba42362431e92d64c93da87f544_17733.xml&pid=80&...

I was thinking of firmwaer upgrade but there is no more firmware available in Cisco's homesupport site.

elviejo

As Machiavelli266 I believe I helped with this forum posting the Utility.. Could not sign in that way so am now the Old One. Need (Want?) to get my bridges working with Explorer 7 SP1 with an Intel i5-3210M 2.5 with 4G of RAM. 64-bit .

Adamskc says to do a number of things,such as set compatibility mode to Windows XP2, but most of us have been running SP3 for years. Does that matter? And how do I do that, in either case?

Next. Go to Device Manager and right click to get Top computer name and -"Install legacy drivers",  But I get -"install legacy hardware" not drivers!

Pick cmudaxv.inf from drivers folder...and do what with it?

Next- How does one manually run the files indicated?

Perhaps someone out there can help me translate Adamskc"s direction, for a far more experienced user, given the major anomaly and difficulties  I found. 

Cannot live without music

Jake_2.0

Check on this link:http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80 for articles regarding WMB54G.

Machiavelli

If this is in.reference to my interest in getting the bridge working with Explorer 7, you missed. The URL you cite makes no mention of 7, starting out with XP, and what and how with the Utility.

Can anyone submit an idiot-proof "How to make a bridge perfom with Explorer 7", as a prior submission of "How to" leaves a number of less-than-clear directions to be achieved.

El Viejo(machiavelli266)

Expert
zee29

Follow the link provided in this forum where you can download the utility from. Check if those links are still valid since cisco already removed it from their dowload site. I also found this website where it is mentioed that they got to install it to win 7. Hope this helps.

http://debianize.blogspot.com/2010/07/wmb54g-works-in-windows-7.html

Machiavelli

Re: wmb54g utility v1.4 and Explorer 7

Help. I have tried to complete the "fix" suggested by ADAMSKC but have run into the following problems. 

1. "Right click on name of computer in device manager and you will find install legacy driver."  Not on my brandnew ASUS LAPTOP.  I get Scan for hardware and Add legacy hardware.

2. ."Pick cmudaxv.inf from drivers in folder (x86/linksys/wmb54g/drivers  AND DO WHAT WITH IT? I have to open that drivers file in order to locate it, of course.

N0 POINT IN EXPECTING CISCO/LINKSYS TO BEAR RESPONSIBILITY TO DO ANYTHING FOR US, AS THEY HAVE IGNORED ENDLESS ENTREATIES.  

earthmyrll120288

[ Edited ]

Machiavelli wrote:

Help. I have tried to complete the "fix" suggested by ADAMSKC but have run into the following problems. 

1. "Right click on name of computer in device manager and you will find install legacy driver."  Not on my brandnew ASUS LAPTOP.  I get Scan for hardware and Add legacy hardware.

2. ."Pick cmudaxv.inf from drivers in folder (x86/linksys/wmb54g/drivers  AND DO WHAT WITH IT? I have to open that drivers file in order to locate it, of course.

N0 POINT IN EXPECTING CISCO/LINKSYS TO BEAR RESPONSIBILITY TO DO ANYTHING FOR US, AS THEY HAVE IGNORED ENDLESS ENTREATIES.  

Follow the one posted by zee29. It is just above your last post. That should be helpful.

Machiavelli

i THANK YOU  for your direction to the "WMB54G /Explorer 7"solution" from zee29, but I must humbly admit to not having a clue on how to insert that batch file into my startup folder.  Sure, I have a startup folder filled with about 30 items from Intel and ASUS and Realtek and HP and, and and. But how to add to it? 

I created said batch file using WordPad and need the next step. Admittedly at 87, I may have missed a few computer science classes, but can you, or someone, tell me?

Jake_2.0

The thing about this the device though is that it was designed to work up to windows vista but was not tested to work with windows 7. I think if you will scroll down on the post and follow bradley's instructions then I believe that you will be able to make it to work on your end.

Machiavelli

And where do I find Bradley's input? I have scrolled through 1 thought 7 three times and find no Bradley, unless his posted "nom de guerre" name is not Bradley